Tuesday 28 January 2014

UK Indies - Magic Goose Polish Swatches

Greetings All!

I'm trying to get my posts a bit more regular, but obviously I'm struggling quite a bit! The blog will be taking a very slightly different direction this year, but one thing you can count on remaining the same is UK indie polish swatches!

Today I have two polishes from the Magic Goose Pure Inspiration Collection to share with you. First up is She Brewed Me A Potion, 2 coats solo.




I was very impressed with the dark, decadent purple base. Sometimes polishes like this have quite a sheer base, and you can't wear them without undies. This was perfect in 2 coats, and it's such a dark, rich purple colour, it's perfect! It still lets the glitter shine through though. That seems to me like a very difficult balance to strike, so kudos Emma!

I also wore it matte.




I think it really shows up the depth of glitter! And how dark that base is - in some places it looks almost black. SO my kind of polish!


Next up is Beautiful Blue Eyes, a holo. I feel I should have a disclaimer or something regarding my photography - I struggle with capturing the true essence of a holo in direct sunlight, let alone indoors in January! So no picture I take can show the true beauty of a holographic polish. I still have a go though! This is again 2 coats solo.






This is a beautiful dark blue with a bit of teal in there. The holo is described as 'scattered and subtle', but I have to disagree with that a little bit! Even lit by my bedside lamp on a January evening, this was throwing out plenty of rainbow!

I've been very impressed with the Magic Goose brand. There's plenty of variety, and so far everything I've tried has been a perfect 2 coater (gotta love that convenience!).

You can buy Magic Goose polish here.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, lovely post thank you so much and your photos are gorgeous :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how can I buy polishes as the website link doesn't work x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.