Saturday 18 May 2013

The Face Shop Yogurt Nails

Greetings All!

Regular readers will know I have a little bit of an obsession with Korean nail polish at the moment. I think that for the price, you would find it difficult to find such pretty polishes - delicate colours, fabulous glitter combinations, and that hint of the exotic - you aren't going to see the same polish on everyone's nails!

Today I have a new-to-me brand, The Face Shop, and some of their Yogurt Nails range. The name is a little off-putting, I admit, but bear with me because they are worth it! The range has five polishes (I bought mine HERE), I chose three but I'm already considering going back for the other two!

Housekeeping - all these polishes applied brilliantly, minimal dabbing (which is always good with a coloured base), the glitter distribution was very good, they dried quickly and although I used topcoat, it wasn't absolutely necessary - they were smooth enough to go without. I used three coats for all these swatches, 2 coats left a hint of vnl that normally I would be happy with, but as I was taking pictures I went for full opacity.

First up is Grape Juice Yogurt (do they even make grape yogurt? I've never seen it!). This was the first to fall into my basket - who can resist a pretty purple full of glitter?!





As you can see, it's a soft lilac shade, filled with light pink, magenta, purple, turquoise and gold hexes, and purple and silver glitter. It's sheer enough so that you can see the glitter underneath, but it gives full coverage in 3 coats (as I said, normally I would probably just stick with 2). It's very clean and pretty, perfect for Spring, and I love the combination of colours in the glitter.

Strawberry Milk Yogurt is quite similar, but with different glitters in a pink base.






This glitter combination is pink, purple and turquoise hexes, white squares and purple glitter. I don't know why, but I'm not as in love with this shade, I think it's the blue-green glitter in the pink but I'm not sure. I don't hate it - I just don't love it either!

Vanilla Sugar Yogurt got added at the last minute - I have CG It's A Trap-eze, so I didn't think I needed another glitter-in-a-white-base combo. I was very, very wrong. Everyone needs this polish.





This is my favourite! Look at it!!! All the colours of the rainbow, both hexes and glitter, in a bright white base. While IAT is a bit lumpy and textured, this is fresh, clean and smooth. I know there are several indie polishes that are very similar to this, but this one was under $5, with free shipping! I would definitely recommend this over China Glaze (sorry China Glaze!).

These polishes cost me $4.99 each, free shipping, and they took about 10 days to get to me! I'm sure they're all over eBay, but THIS is the seller I use, and they always arrive quickly and well packaged. I would definitely recommend them, especially Vanilla! Now, can I live without the other two?

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like Vanilla best too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla is also my favorite of this bunch! I think they are all very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a fan of glitter sandwich polishes before but these look so nice I may just have to get some. I absolutely love how these look, thanks for posting about them! ps, I think the yoghurt name makes me want them even more, I'm strangely in love with that name :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, I love Grape Juice Yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Cazzy, you are such a bad influence, I just ordered me all 5 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Vanilla one. Was so disappointed with the Barry M Sequins one because of the texture, and I think that the CG one is a bit too grey for me to really love it - this is perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of perfect! Compared to CG, it's so fresh and clean looking, and much smoother.

      Delete
  7. Ha ha - I've just had a look and decided that the Vanilla one is a bit too close to Oh Splat! and instead I've bought the Lemon and Mint ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look pretty similar! I'd love to see swatches of the lemon and mint!

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for weeks to find some swatches of them, gladly I found your blog ! Great swatches, I'm now gonna order some ^^
    X

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.