Wednesday 8 May 2013

Nails Inc Free With Instyle Magazine - You're A Peach

Greetings All!

I just wanted to share this quickly with you. Instyle magazine are giving away one of three shades of Nails Inc polish with this month's (June) issue! There is a pink polish, a red polish, and a peach polish. Of course I chose the peach, although I'm starting to think I should have chosen the pink!


Nails Inc free with InStyle
from http://www.instyle.co.uk/beauty/news/don-t-miss-your-free-exclusive-nails-inc-polishes-with-instyle

I don't have much experience with Nails Inc polishes, only the Leather Effect ones, but I have to say, I was disappointed. This brand of polish retails at around £11, so they aren't cheap. For that money, I expect a decent polish! This applied pretty horribly, and was very lumpy and bumpy. No way I could have left it without topcoat. This is 2 coats, with a very generous layer of SV to smooth it out.





I do like the colour, even though it's a very bog standard peach. I also thought the coverage was quite good - 2 coats was all I needed. It was just the finish - fair enough, with topcoat it looks fine, but personally I would like to have the option, if that makes sense. Use topcoat if I want to protect and prolong the polish, but for trying it on? I don't think it should be necessary. Especially considering how much these cost. Fortunately this one only cost me £3.80, the price of the magazine!

What do you think? Should more expensive polishes be held to a higher standard? Or am I just being fussy?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with you, Cazzy. More expensive polishes should be easier to apply and you should be able to tell the quality.

    I've got a couple of Nails Inc colours but for the price of them I'd rather pick up a superior OPI or China Glaze. And I've yet to see a colour or collection that makes me want one as much as I've wanted some from OPI and CG in the past.

    N

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.