Monday 20 May 2013

She Who Does Nail Art Challenges: Reptiles

Greetings All!

So, we begin another new week. That means a new theme for She Who Does Nail Art Challenges, hosted by She Who Does Nails. The theme this week is reptiles, which is a bit random, but very cool and unusual. I actually have two manicures for this theme, as partway through doing the first, I was struck by inspiration! So  much so that I put my first idea on hold while I did this one!

I'll explain. The base colour I was using is Collection 2000 Ninja, a bright green, and I soon found myself humming a certain cartoon theme song. A cartoon about ninjas and reptiles. It was too perfect not to do - can you guess what it is yet?




Heroes in a half shell, turtle power!
Yes, it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Fun fact - here in the UK, they were called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, because apparently 'Ninja' was too violent for our British sensibilities.


I loved the turtles - they were so cool, and for some reason their pizza always looked so tasty! So I geeked out a bit, and created a manicure in their honour.

My base is Collection 2000 Ninja, and I drew on their...blindfold thingies using Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Model Behavior (Leonardo), Good To Grape (Donatello), Fired Up (Michelangelo) and Right Said Red (Raphael). I then drew a turtle shell using my new Barry M Black Nail Art Pen.

In case you were wondering, my favourite was Donatello, because he was the clever one. However acoording to THIS quiz, I am most like Michelangelo (also, how scary are the 'new' turtles?! They're the stuff of nightmares! My manicure honours the old turtles!).

2 comments:

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.