Monday 10 February 2014

Work Appropriate Manicure Monday - The Stampwich

Greetings All!

Yay! More than one post means that, to me at least, this is officially a series! WAMM is go!

I find it really difficult to wear plain polish these days - it always needs some glitter, or stamping, or some nail art. Something. I just can't leave plain nails alone. They look...unfinished. I don't think it's a bad thing, it just means that I end up spending a lot of time on my nails!

One of my favourite things, ever, is the stampwich, or stamp sandwich. I used to love a glitter sandwich, but stamping is just that much better! I also think it's the perfect nail art for work when worn with a neutral jelly, as it makes the stamping soft and subtle and lovely.





OPI Barre My Soul is by far my favourite nude jelly. I'm wearing three coats here in total, and you still get a little hint of vnl, which I quite like. I stamped with Konad White and BM016 (from the new larger set) over 1 coat of BMS, then added 2 more on top. I can't get enough of this look, especially for work - I get to have my nail art, no one notices I'm even wearing polish, everybody wins!


Stay tuned next week, because I am now so determined to make this a regular thing!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I really want to get a bottle of Barre my soul. It looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely =) I agree-plain nails look unfinished to me now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You were the first one to show me this techinique and I love it soo much! I need to revisit this soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.