Monday 23 June 2014

Pastels And Butterflies

Greetings All!

No WAMM this week. I'm off work, so I don't need work appropriate nails. Instead, something soft and pretty, and not very me! I would never want something like this as clothing, or furnishing, or any sort of decoration other than on my nails. I still find it strange, the things I like. Pink is another thing - I hate pink, but I love pink polish. There might be something wrong with me.

So, here are two things you won't find anywhere but on my nails - pastels, and pretty little butterflies.





This was one of those classic 'evolving' manicures. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Ivory Skull, knowing I wanted some sort of pastel involved. I ended up using all the Models Own Fruit Pastel polishes - Apple Pie, Banana Split, Strawberry Tart, Blueberry Muffin and Grape Juice. It now occurs to me that this isn't all of them - I don't yet own the new peach and coconut ones! I used cling film to dab each colour on. It was pretty, but very subtle. I did take pictures (to show the pastels better, definitely not in case I ruined it with stamping after spending ages creating it!).



Subtle. Too subtle for me! Plus I needed something to hide the ever-present hair, bits of fluff, and particles of undetermined origin that just love to jump on my wet nails. I chose PUEEN39, stamped with Barry M Gelly in Plum. I think that the purple is a bit too strong though. I should have used Pukka Purple!


What's the most 'un-you' polish you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.