Tuesday 15 April 2014

Dance Legend - Lumos Swatches

Greetings All!

Recently I've developed a bit of a crush on Dance Legend - first, their thermals, and now their flakies. I've decided to group all the posts together, so it's going to be a bit of a Dance Legend week here!

I'm starting with two polishes from the Lumos collection. They have possibly the best feature I've ever seen on a polish bottle - a little light! Why doesn't more polish light up?! It's a very fun, if slightly pointless feature, although it is nice to see the polish all lit up. They also seem to be Harry Potter themed, which I literally just learned. I shall get my mother to confirm!

First up is Orlando. This is one thick coat over black, with two coats on my thumb.





I'm not really sure what to say about this polish. The pictures kind of say it all! An almost offensively gorgeous polish, colourful, beautiful, and perfect in one coat. I have two coats on my thumb, and it's kind of too much.

Although it is looking pretty good here!

Being me, I also had to try it matte.




Again, I can't think of anything to say that's better than the pictures. Just, I'm slightly annoyed that this isn't on my nails right now!



This is unfortunately the best picture I could get of it lit up. I did try for quite a while, but you either couldn't really see the light from it, or you could barely tell that it was a bottle of polish, and not a light bulb!


Next up is Avada Kedavra. After Orlando, I was worried that this might seem boring in comparison. It isn't! Again, one thick coat over black.





Not boring at all! I love how this looks - deep and mysterious, again perfect in one coat, and the green just hints towards turquoise then blue at the edges of my nails. I can't wait to try this over a dark green!



This one is much flatter with matte topcoat - a rare fail!

I bought both these polishes from Rainbow Connection (where Orlando is still available!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.