Wednesday 23 April 2014

UK Indies - Freckles Polish Happy Hour Holos


*These products were provided at a discount in exchange for review*


Greetings All!

I've got some truly amazing polishes to show you today. Freckles Polish only launched at the end of March, and this is only their third collection, but it is amazing. Holo lovers, take notice! There are six polishes in this collection, all named after cocktails (which, coincidentally, was my obsession before polish!), and I have two to share with you today. They launch on Friday (25th), and I'm predicting big things (mostly that they'll sell out before I can get my hands on the rest of the collection!).

This little bottle of perfection is French Martini. I've used two coats here. All photos were taken indoors in artificial light (and I'm so impressed with myself that I managed to get pictures!).








Now, I'm 99% sure that this is the most gorgeous holo I own. It's the most perfect, rich, deep, royal purple ever, and also a linear holo! As a big black holo fan, I know all too well how the base colour changes when so much holo pigment is added. As a silvery colour, it will lighten or at least alter the base slightly (hence why I'm still searching for that true black holo!). This polish keeps it's rich, decadent base, exactly the colour of Chambord (the purple in a French Martini). I honestly can't say enough good things about this polish. I've only had it for a week, and I've worn it twice already! My previous favourite purple holo, Color Club Eternal Beauty, literally pales in comparison with this.

The formula is also excellent - it applied perfectly in two fast drying coats. I tried it with and without aqua base, and I can confirm it made no difference whatsoever to the amount of holo present. I used HK Girl top coat, and it also didn't affect the holo at all.


Next is Capirinha. I've used three coats here, but I think two would have been enough.







Anything I say here is going to sound slightly half-hearted after gushing about French Martini! This is a very beautiful lime green holo, not quite as rich as FM, but a lovely colour. It's a very tropical polish that reminds me of birds of paradise! It's also helped point out to me my woefully small green holo collection, and something must be done about that! Again, my base and top coat didn't diminish the holo at all.


I'm very, very excited about this collection. The UK indie polish scene has been desperately needing some good, linear holos, and this collection is absolutely perfect. They launch on Friday on Etsy, along with a linear holo topcoat. You can keep up to date on all Freckles Polish news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.