Friday, 27 September 2013

Relaxed 31DC Week 31 - (This Time) Inspired By A Tutorial

Greetings All!

I made it!!!

31 weeks ago (in March!) I started this challenge. I'd love to say I was so new to blogging and nail art back then, but let's face it, I still am! It does seem like a long time ago though, manicure wise. I do plan to do it all again 'properly' over one month next year.

So this is the final post for this challenge! I rearranged the order slightly, so last week I recreated my favourite manicure (bats!), and this week I followed a tutorial. Well, kind of. The reason I didn't post last week was because I failed miserably!

I have made nail decals in the past, but this is the first time I've done a full manicure of full nail decals. Eeek! I followed this tutorial. I always need to use a tutorial for doing nail decals, because for some reason I always forget which order to 'make' them in. I can't seem to retain the information!

These are a bit scruffy, and they took me forever to do! To be honest, for the work I had to put in I probably wouldn't do a full manicure again. Maybe an accent nail. After two attempts, and hours of fiddly work, I'm not really feeling these! I do think the stamp is pretty cute though.

The base is Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, the stamping plate is Cheeky Jumbo Plate 5 Musical Nails and I coloured it in with Konad White and Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Rapid Red.

And that's it! Thank you to everyone who has taken part, I know it got away from some people, but that's OK! Also, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to look at, and comment on my posts!


  1. I like the stamp image, you have chosen a great appropriate base polish too :)

    1. Lol I was going to do green, but I thought it would alter the colour of the red!

  2. So cute!! I love this so much!! Reminds me of the video game Super Mario Brothers.

    1. Haha yes! Perhaps I should have made some of the mushrooms green lol

  3. They look super cute!
    I agree that making decals is a lot of work. What I have done in the past is to cut out single parts of the stamp decal once it's dried (ie a mushroom) and have just one per nail (and maybe a feature nail with lots).

    1. Thank you!

      I'll maybe try that in the future - I wanted to do full nails, because it seemed more challenging (and it was!)


I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.