Friday 12 April 2013

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge Week 3: Delicate and Elegant

Greetings All!

I'm back, with the second challenge post of the day! This is for the Girly Girl nail art challenge, hosted by Closet Diva. I'm really liking this challenge so far - I'm not a girly girl at all, but it's a nice excuse to do some girly nails!

Here is a quick reminder of all the themes:




So, today's theme calls for something delicate and elegant. Usually I would use a stamp for this sort of theme, but there a manicure I've seen on several blogs that I've been wanting to try.

I've always been a fan of the classic french manicure - it's simple, it's elegant, and it goes with everything! But I sometimes think the lines are a little sharp. I've seen two or three people do a gradient french manicure (I think Chalkboard Nails is probably the best example), and I love the look! It's much softer while still being really classic. Here is my attempt!





My base colour is Boots No 7 So Simple (the closest I have so far to mannequin hands!) and the white is OPI Alpine Snow. It isn't the best gradient I've ever done - it's OK, but not great. I found it a little tricky to get the white right - I didn't want it going halfway up my nail, but it was hard to get a gradient on just the very tips. I will absolutely be mastering this technique though - I like it so much more than a normal french manicure! And I think it fits the theme of delicate and elegant!

Be sure to check out everyone else's elegant nails!


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! That's a really clever take on the french mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I have never seen this! I am also having fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!! i love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Totally love them <3

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.