Wednesday 24 April 2013

More UK Indies From Tara's Talons: Get Nailed!

Greetings All!

As I promised on Monday, I have a bit of a special post for you! You may remember, earlier this month, I showed you some polishes by a brand new British indie polish maker, Tara, from Tara's Talons. Her first collection was all based on childhood memories (you can visit her Etsy store HERE), and last week I found out she had made a whole new collection, based on mythical creatures! Of course I had to have a look, and I ended up choosing three pretties.


For her last collection,Tara only made 10 bottles of each shade, so that the lucky few to snag one would have a unique and unusual polish, that you weren't going to see on everyone else's nails. This time however, each shade is a one off! I did debate sharing these with you - if you like them, tough! You can't have them!

Leprechaun is a tealy, sea foamy green jelly, packed with green and silver glitter. This is 2 coats





This one is just packed with glitter, you only need 2 coats even though the polish itself is quite sheer, it's a lovely colour (why can't I resist a green polish?), although it remind me more of mermaids than leprechauns!

Dragon Breath is an aubergine purple metallic, with an indecent amount of gold shimmer. 2 coats





This is rich and gorgeous and so shimmery! Like all the other shades I have tried, it's very opaque and pigmented - I don't think you need more than 2 coats for any of them. And so much sparkle! Which I love. I also love dragons, so win-win!

Genie is a beautiful purple with pink, purple and silver glitter. Unfortunately these pictures really do not do it justice!





I do like a purple, especially ones with a slight inclination towards magenta, like this one. This is 2 coats, but one would have almost done! I love the small silver glitter in the background with the little dots of pink glitter - this is my favourite of the three!



So, apologies if you like any of these! Because you can't have them! However Tara still has polishes left, from both collections HERE, and I would definitely recommend them! She's a lovely girl, obviously super creative and talented, and I'm very happy to be able to support her polish creating, especially when the results are so pretty.


1 comment:

  1. I love the last purply one! I don't think there's any harm showing things others can't buy, or are difficult to buy. It's nice to be able to see anyway :D

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.