Thursday 7 February 2013

Flip Flop February Challenge Day 7: Sugar Spun or Pattern

Greetings All!

We are already a quarter of the way through this challenge! Hooray! There has been some gorgeous nail art so far, and I've taken lots of inspiration from it.

Today is a choice between sugar spun nails, or patterned nails. I've not yet tried the sugar spun technique, and to be honest it looks quite fiddly. I went for the easy route, and stamped on a pattern! I got the GALS fairy and princess sets last month, and there are loads of gorgeous full nail patterns (my favourite!). My favourite type of pattern on my nails is a baroque, floral, leafy pattern. Like this one!







This is 2 coats of Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear. A stunning dusty lilac with a gorgeous super shiny finish (like all the Gellies). I then stamped the scrolly, leafy image from GA14 (from the Princess set) with Barry M Gold Foil. I couldn't decide whether to stamp with silver or gold (both go with purple!) but I'm glad I chose gold!

I loved this manicure! From arms length it just looked like lilac with a lovely gold shimmer, but then when I brought my nails closer, I saw flashes of the pattern as it caught the light. It was really beautiful! Barry M Gold Foil stamps wonderfully (it's actually a little better than the konad gold I have!) and the GALS plates are very good quality and have some really beautiful images. My only complaint is that the ends of the images are curved, so it can be a little difficult to cover the whole nail (as you can see on my thumb).  I often struggle with this though, so it's not specific to just these plates (I already have my eye on the LeaLac XL stamping plates!)





Tomorrow is colour blocking or black & white. I can't resist me some monochrome!


Be sure to check out what everyone else has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.