Monday 11 February 2013

Seven Days of Sally Hansen: Crinoline

Greetings All!

If you're a UK nail polish fan (or addict!) or you're in a nail art Facebook group, you may be aware of something of a frenzy going on here. Women (and men!) up and down the country have been scouting out their local Poundland stores (it's a 'pound' shop. Like a dollar store) in the hopes of finding Sally Hansen Salon Manicure polishes! Many of us have been very lucky. These are last years colours or whatever, but bear in mind in Superdrug (which for me is right next to Poundland lol) they are selling the exact same brand (but different colours) for £6.99. Seven times the price! I do love a bargain, so I looked repeatedly until they showed up (about 3 weeks later!). I managed to bag seven, and I thought it would be fun to share them with you, and give me an excuse to use them!

Today's polish is Crinoline. I know several people have blogged about this shade already, but it's so darn pretty it's the first one I tried!





Crinoline is a very pale pinky nude. Normally I shy away from very pale colours, but this has just enough pinky warmth to make me love it. It's very soft, feminine and elegant. The name is perfect! It's gorgeous worn on it's own, and would be a great base for nail art. This is 3 coats for full opacity.





I knew a colour like this was just crying out for some pastel glitter. I got this from Claire's Accessories. It's pastel green, pink and gold hexes and silver glitter. 2 coats. It's so perfect for spring! I've also used some matte topcoat here to mute the glitter down even further. Plain, it was a bit too sparkly for the look I was going for.  I loved this so much I kept it on for 2 days! (for me at the moment with the challenge I'm doing, that's like the highest praise!) A pretty colour plus pretty glitter equals very pretty nails!

I still have six more to show you! Maybe a new one tomorrow. I haven't decided yet lol

If you are near a Poundland and you haven't yet looked for these, GO! If you aren't near one, they are available at Fragrance Direct for £1.49. I've already ordered some more lol

Internationally, I'm not sure. Apologies!

1 comment:

  1. I got this one a couple of weeks ago and I've just put it on today! I agree, it's unbelievably nice for £1!! And I think it looks great on you with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.