Thursday 14 February 2013

Seven Days of Sally Hansen: Calypso Blue

Greetings All!

Are you getting fed up of these yet? Lol I'm not! I'm really loving these polishes  - they all apply so easily, and they are SO glossy! I haven't used topcoat for any of the plain swatches - I haven't needed to!

Today's polish is Calypso Blue. A turquoise blue with lots of green shimmer. The typical 'peacock' colour. I must have at least half a dozen polishes in this shade. They always catch my eye because they are so jewely! This is no different.




This is 3 coats. It was loaded with colour, but quite sheer. It's slightly more blue than other similar shades I own. Very shimmery though. I was planning on doing some peacock type nail art, but once I was wearing it, it did seem more like a sparkling ocean than a peacock feather. So I went with an underwater theme.




I painted some sandy tips with Collection 2000 Lemon Soda, then stamped on a whole load of stuff! There is some subtle seaweed in the background, a failed attempt at some bubbles, and then various sea creatures and shells! I won't list all of the stamps and polishes. If you want to know a particular one, just ask!

If you're in the UK and you local Poundland doesn't have any of these polishes, remember you can also purchase them HERE at Fragrance Direct for £1.49, which is still a bargain I think! I bought 3 from them that arrived today!

Stay tuned tomorrow for another Sally Hansen bargain, that's a one coater and also stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.