Friday 9 August 2013

Llama Nails Nerd Challenge - Lego

Greetings All!

Are you ready for the second installment of Double Challenge Friday? Lol I'm not sure if I am! Today the prompt is Lego, which I did play with as a child. I bet everyone has something cool for today, but although I did try initially, in the end I just went with something simple. Very simple.








What I remember most about Lego (apart from my brother getting a bit stuck up his nose) is the bright primary colours, and the fact that there were never enough pieces to make whatever I wanted to make. So instead of say, a red house, I would have a red house with bits of white and yellow! I settled on a skittle of Lego colours, and a little Lego face (which I had to redo, like, three times. Don't get me started!).

I used OPI The Thrill of Brazil (I have so many reds, and this is the only one I ever use!), Beauty UK White, Barry M Blue Grape, OPI The 'It' Colour (which suffers the same as TToB!), and Barry M Spring Green. The little face was done with a Barry M black nail art pen, which I initially loved, but has given me nothing but trouble lately. I might just go back to black polish and a paintbrush. You can see it's quite patchy and raggedy. As with the 31DC, I promise next week will be better!


Now go and look at some better Lego nails!


4 comments:

  1. that is such a simple idea - and its so effective and colourful! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I had the best intentions for something more complicated, but in the end, I didn't have the patience lol

      Delete
  2. Aww, I used to love the li'l yellow Lego men!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.