Friday 2 August 2013

Llama Nails Nerd Challenge - Inspired by Musicals

Greetings All!

Are musicals nerdy? Lol I don't know, and to be honest, I have very little interest in musicals. I figured Cats would be easy - easy to do, a couple of cats eyes on a black background, plus it would be easily recognisable, right?


Wrong! A quick bit of Googling revealed that the cat's eyes actually have little dancers in them *sigh*. Like a fool, I decided that they shouldn't be too different to recreate. Wrong! I even had to write Cats on my thumb, so people might know what they are. Here they are anyway.






CatsMusicalLogo.jpg
Source


Forgive my ignorance, but I just went over the synopsis of the story. Am I wrong, or is this a musical about a bunch of cats waiting for one to be chosen to die? OK, I'm sure it's more nuanced than that, but broad strokes, that's what I've taken away from it. And that upsets me. I'm stupid with anything about cats, so any cat death upsets me, even if it is just Elaine Paige in fur and makeup. I am never, ever going to see Cats now.

I used Barry M Black, OPI The It Colour and Beauty UK White.


2 comments:

  1. Cats is based on a book of poetry. And Andrew Lloyd Webber tried to put it together to make a story. I'll leave it at Cats isn't known for its "storline". But I do love the nails :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      As I say, I'm not super familiar with it (I'm aware of it, and I know a couple of the songs), I just always kind of assumed (or hoped!) that it was a nice story about some cats. And that they all live happily ever after!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.