Friday 30 August 2013

Relaxed 31DC Week 27 - Inspired By Artwork

Greetings All!

I'm posting a bit late today - there was a bit of a crisis last night when my lamp died! It's the one I use while painting and photographing my nails! My room is North facing, so I don't get much sunlight, and I tend to polish in the evenings. Energy saving bulbs are just awful for actually being able to see anything, so I've come to rely on my trusty daylight lamp, so that I can see what I'm doing! I also use it to take my photos, as my camera can't cope with anything less than direct sunlight (or luckily, a daylight bulb!) without flashing. So imagine my horror last night as I was painting my nails, only for the light to flicker and die mid-manicure!

Today was spent searching online and in shops for a replacement bulb. I did find them online quite easily, but faced with the prospect of waiting up to two weeks, I ventured out into the real world to try and find one. In the end, I bought a new lamp for about £5 more than the replacement bulb. It's smaller and lighter, and fingers crossed it should work exactly as the old one did. So, crisis averted!

The end is now in sight for this challenge! Only 4 more weeks to go after today! Unfortunately I haven't been feeling very inspired by art. I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but I don't really have any interest in art. I did try a sort of pop art manicure, but it failed so hard I took it off before it was even finished! So I did what I always do when I have no inspiration - I stamped!





I was gong to do plain white with black stamping, but I thought, primary colours surely fit the art theme quite well!  So I added a couple of coats of Gitzology Crunch Berries to my white base. I then stamped with Konad Black and PUEEN47. Scribbles are about the best I can manage myself, so they seemed fitting!


My Nerdy Nails will be coming very soon!


8 comments:

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.