Monday 26 August 2013

New UK Indies - Dragonglass Nails - The Game of Thrones Collection

Greetings All!

Today I have a new UK indie brand to share with you! Dragonglass Nails opened just last month with some very pretty and sparkly polishes, and I decided to go for the Game of Thrones Collection. Confession - I have never watched the show. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the polishes!



Blood and Fire is described as " a purple textured polish with hints of gold that cast rainbows in sunlight. It is named after the house motto of the Targaryens in Game of Thrones, who traditionally have purple eyes and own dragons. This polish captures their inner fire, in an eyecatching finish." I will be relying heavily on their descriptions due to my lack of knowledge!

This is 2 coats, without topcoat.




It does have a very textured, grainy finish. Personally I like this, but you can easily topcoat it!



My camera didn't really pick up the holo too well, but it is in there! Despite being so textured, this is quite a soft, pretty polish, and I think it looks quite Autumnal, which is just around the corner!

Hear Me Roar is described as "a gold holographic polish which can be used as a sheer top coat or an opaque polish. It is named after the house motto of the Lannisters in Game of Thrones, who traditionally have blonde hair and lots of gold. This polish captures their majesty and adds a touch of Lannister ferocity to any plain colour."

This is 3 coats, with topcoat.





I originally tried putting one coat over black, but the coverage was too thick, so I went for 3 coats solo. It's a fabulous shade of gold - almost luminous it's so bright! Very eye-catching, and rather stunning.

Growing Strong is described as ."a pale yellow/peach shimmery polish with yellow and green circle glitters, inspired by the sigil of House Tyrell in Game of Thrones. It is quite sheer but goes almost completely opaque in 3 coats and is great for a "jelly sandwich".".

This is 3 coats, with topcoat.





The base by itself does nothing for me. It's a yellow/ivory shimmer, not really my cup of tea. However, the glitter completely saves it! I love the colour combination, and those green circles are just brilliant!

Lastly, Night Gathers, which I was most excited about. "A shimmery grey/pewter polish with densely packed white, grey and black circular glitters. It is opaque in 1-2 coats and has a finish somewhere between frosted and jelly and has a holographic/iridescent glint in sunlight. It is inspired by the Night's Watch of Game of Thrones as well as the Stark family."

This is 3 coats, with topcoat.





Unfortunately, the glitters in the first coat were covered up by the third. Next time I must remember to layer it. The glitters were also a bit thick, but they were covered by topcoat. I'm a teeny bit disappointed in this one, but mostly because it's the one I liked most before trying it.

I had to do a bit of placement with the large glitters, and I did fish a tiny bit for those big green circles, but apart from that, application was fine. They had a pretty decent dry time, which is always nice, and overall I quite like them (especially Hear Me Roar).

You can buy Dragonglass polish on etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow such a nice collection, I am just waiting for a surprise polish from Dragonglass- excited to see mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I was very tempted by that! I love a surprise polish!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.