Sunday, 11 August 2013

Purple Teardrops

Greetings All!

You're going to be seeing a lot of stamping round here (even more than usual!). Untried Mountain is still pretty massive, and the easiest way I can think of to work an untried polish into a manicure is to stamp over it! I get to test the polish out, but I also get to do a bit of nail art. I also have a lot of untried stamping images, so hopefully I can kill two problems with one manicure!

Some stamping plates I'm itching to use are the PUEEN ones - I've tried to find them on Amazon UK before, without luck. I'm not sure if it was me being dense, or whether they weren't easily available, but either way I have them now! There are some very nice, delicate images in them, which I prefer to the 'cute' ones, or the geometric, angular patterns. I'm not crazy about the little case though - I like the idea, but I don't have much faith in it lasting very long!

So today we have Barry M Bright Pink. Did you know that I have more pink polish than any other colour? I have nearly a full drawer of pink in my Helmer! I find this a little strange, not being a pink kind of girl at all. I stamped over it with Barry M Gelly in Plum, and PUEEN26.





This is such a pretty stamp! Done in gold or silver over a dark colour, it would look like jewellery, or a chandelier. Lovely! The pink is OK too - typical Barry M i.e. pretty flaming good. This was 2 easy, fast drying coats. Not the most unique shade of pink, but it's nice and light, but much brighter than pastel pink. The stamp is brilliant though. I daresay you'll be seeing more of this one!

7 comments:

  1. Really adore this Barry M colour. I usually just go straight to the Gelly polishes from there, but I think I might have a look at there full collection next time!

    Follow me on my blog: nailedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (almost) all of the Barry Ms are excellent!

      Delete
  2. That's so pretty, where did you end up getting the plates from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      They mysteriously appeared on Amazon! http://www.amazon.co.uk/PUEEN-2013-Nail-Stamp-Collection/dp/B00C8FWLG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248673&sr=8-1&keywords=pueen and http://www.amazon.co.uk/PUEEN-2013-Nail-Stamp-Collection/dp/B00DETLWQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376248673&sr=8-2&keywords=pueen

      Delete
    2. Ooo thanks very much! :D

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite images in the whole set!! I love the Pueen Love elements set because I love all the flowers! Such a pretty mani! I love the Barry M polishes! I wish I could try the gelly set here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first looked through them, this one immediately grabbed me! It's a great set generally too!

      Such a shame the UK postage rules are so stupid - else I would happily send you some! I think they are available at Ninja Polish though.

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.