Friday 4 January 2013

31DC Day 4: Pink

For day 4 of this challenge, I spent a bit of time thinking about what I should do. Pink goes from pastel to neon to really dark, so the possibilities were pretty much endless. Eventually a thought came to me. A certain iconic doll, whose favourite colour  must be pink. I also think she would be a fan of nails and nail art. I can picture her in a salon!

I didn't play with these dolls when I was a child, although I did enjoy a brief ironic flirtation in my very early twenties!

Anyway, here are my Barbie nails!









Aren't they cute? For most of my nails I used an unnamed SweetHeart pale pink. On my ring finger I used Nina Ultra Pro in Fuchsia Rage, a really bright neon (didn't really show up in the pictures!). On the pale pink fingers I also put 2 coats of a pink W7 glitter (again unnamed, it was in a set of miniature glitters)

I then stamped Cheeky plates CH5, CH7, CH12 and CH 15 with OPI Koala Bear-y, and stamped BM05 on my ring finger using OPI Pink Friday, Again, it's subtle. I then freehanded the 'B' with a brush and more Koala Bear-y. Finally I stuck some tiny rhinestones on (from eBay) for a final bit of sparkle!

I tried to use images Barbie would approve of - hearts, flowers, butterflies, ribbons, glitter and sparkle. I'm also quite impressed with the 'B' as it was on my 'wrong' hand (I'm left handed). 



Can you see Barbie wearing these? Maybe not her own initial, but everything else I could picture her wearing!


As ever, big thank yous to Debbie over at The Crumpet for providing this challenge and letting me take part!!





5 comments:

  1. Completely love this, perfect Barbie mani! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute! I love the little B :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fuschia Rage!! Just to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out the post here:

    http://annaspolishaddiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award-2-and-3.html

    Thanks!

    Anna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you that's very kind! I shall fill this out tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Wow its perfect! love your little B,x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.