Sunday 6 January 2013

31DC Day 6: Your favourite Colour Family


Before I show you these pictures, a little confession. I know black and gold isn't a colour family. I do know that. However in my head (and my polish area) they are like a little family because the black and gold polishes sit together. They are my favourite colour combination, and also my favourite colour polishes to wear on their own. So there!


Enough with the desperate justification, on with the pictures!!



There is a lot going on with these, in a desperate attempt to be forgiven for my loose interpretation of the theme!!


OK big list of stuff coming up...


Thumb: W7 Black and black flocking powder
Index: W7 black, stamped with Barry M Gold Foil and BM20
Middle: 2 coats of Barry M Gold Mine Glitter (gold glitter in a black base. This will save me SO much time!)
Ring: OPI Goldeneye, stamped with Konad Black and BM20
Pinky: W7 black and gold beads from eBay (I bought them as caviar beads but they are a little too big!)


So this manicure was my first time using studs (not difficult, but very fiddly!) and my first time flocking (you can totally tell. It looks like something I pulled from a plughole lol). Apart from the flocking, I'm pretty happy with this. I don't usually do skittles like this, I like everything to match, but maybe I'm coming around!!



Do you think I should be forgiven for my interpretation of this theme? Or should I be kicked off the challenge? (lol)



2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Color family could be interpreted many ways... I love that you pulled out the stops with all the techniques: stamping, embellishments, flocking, and glitter. I adhere my flocking powder with clear coat so I can do multiple layers of it to make it thick. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is cool. I love that Barry M Gold Mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.