Monday 4 November 2013

The Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33DC Day 19 - Follow Someone's Tutorial

Greetings All!

Do you ever have those days where your nail art just isn't happening? That's been me this week. For whatever reason, I've been off my game. Including this manicure!

Confession - I don't tend to use tutorials that much. I used to, when I had no idea what I was doing, but I now either use techniques I know, or I tend to just go for it. I'm not sure if that's confidence or arrogance (maybe a bit of both!). I didn't fancy spending hours on YouTube lost in a nail art vortex, so I went over to  Nail Art 101, which I used to use all the time when I first started doing nail art. It has nice, simple picture tutorials for loads of different techniques, and I even managed to find something I haven't done before.






Corset nails! These were actually going really well until the time came to 'lace them up'. I keep veering between loving and hating my Barry M Nail Art Pen. Sometimes it's the best thing ever, and sometimes, like this, I wish I had just used polish instead! This wasn't even my first attempt - it wipes off easily(ish), but there was something either about the topcoat or the curve of my nail that just made it hate me!

My base is Color Club Wicker Park, from the Girl About Town collection (which I found in TK Maxx for a tenner for 6 polishes plus topcoat, because I'm awesome!). It is an untried, but a recent purchase. I wanted polishes from this collection anyway (The Uptown especially) so I was eager to try them! I used black and white polish for the side details, and that pesky Barry M pen for the laces.


10 comments:

  1. Cute! I am loving that Wicker Park pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really pretty colour, I can see myself using it a lot!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want to do the standard red, and Wicker Park seemed quite feminine ans sexy lol

      Delete
  3. I really like this manicure! The design has got awesome potential to go over loads of different polishes... I definitely need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think I'll have to recreate it (if just to prove I can!) and the colour possibilities are endless! I'd like to try it with leopard print.

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.