Monday 18 November 2013

The Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33DC Day 25 - A New Technique For You

Greetings All!

Another new week begins! Autumn is steadily turning into Winter - all the lovely browns are being replaced by grey and cold. I'm not a fan!

For today's manicure, I had to think/search for ages to find a new technique. Not that I've done everything, not by a long way, I just found it difficult to think of something. I'm more comfortable sticking to what I know - I hate the feeling of not knowing what I'm doing!

Finally using a fan brush occurred to me. I have one sat with all my brushes, I must have had it about a year and I've never used it. I looked at a few tutorials, and dived right in!







Now, I could lie at this point, and say that's how I meant it to look. But it isn't. I could not get the strokes to go the full width of my nail, at all! In the end I gave up, filled one side in a little more, and I'm not completely unhappy with the result! In fact, I quite like it. Ignore what I said earlier, I totally meant for it to look like that!

Two more untrieds used for this manicure - both Revlon. My base is Bare Bones, a rather lovely neutral that's pretty perfectly named. I'm not one to resist a bony polish! The blue is Blue Slate. Both of these were pound shop finds by my mum (I have her well trained!). For the price (£1, not the £5.99 some places charge!), you can't do much better than Revlon.


4 comments:

  1. I've tried this technique as well and it didn't quite work out for me either. I like how yours turned out though. c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      My mum gets the credit for the colour combination though lol.

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.