Thursday 28 March 2013

Models Own Iced Neon - Pukka Purple

Greetings All!

Just a quick swatch post. Last week when I got the new scented Models Own polishes, they were on 3 for 2, but there are only five in the collection! So I picked up one of the new Iced Neons. I'm a bit undecided on neon polish - I love how it pops with black, but I think it can sometimes be too bright and look a little tacky. Plus it's a pain to paint your nails white first!

The Iced Neons come in a cute frosted bottle, and apparently you are meant to keep them in the fridge. My fridge kind of freezes everything if you leave it in there, so I probably won't do that, but I may try it out to see if it makes any difference!

I was a good girl and painted my nails white first, as you know how thin neons can be. This one went on in one coat! I don't think I needed the white at all - it was extremely opaque. It'll probably stamp! It also isn't really what I would describe as neon.




Apparently my camera thinks purple is blue again. I've tweaked a later picture to show the true colour better. The polish lid promises a matt effect - I was expecting the usual neon rubbery finish. It's maybe slightly more rubbery than the average polish, but it basically has a normal glossy finish. These pictures are without topcoat, and I left it to dry for about an hour.




So is it a fail? Well, it's a gorgeous colour. This picture is more colour accurate (for the polish. My skin, not so much!)


Oh, and a little bit of stamping! It's a lovely rich, dreamy purple that's going to look amazing for summer. And it's a one coater (I love one coat polishes - I'm so lazy!). So although I don't feel it lived up to what I expected, I still really like it! If I saw it on someone's nails, I wouldn't say "cool neon purple!". I would however say "cool purple!". You got away with it this time, Models Own...

Will I buy more? Probably not. I have the OPI neon minis, and they are plenty for my needs at the moment. I'm glad I got this one though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.