Friday 29 March 2013

Relaxed 31DC Week 5: Blue

Greetings All!

Are we five weeks into this challenge already?! Goodness! I guess time flies when you're polishing. I always struggle with these colour themes a little bit, I can never think of something to do. I was the same for this one - sitting thinking "what is blue?" for ages! Eventually I settled on the ocean. That's blue!



Kind of half ocean, half cloudy skies! I was going for the crashing waves look. I don't think it's bad, but it doesn't quite look like in my head.

I used loads of polishes for this. Doesn't look like it, does it? I started with Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in The Sky's The Limit (which is a lovely one coat sky blue) and then Calypso Blue (very sheer - needed undies!). The I sponged on OPI Blue My Mind and Into The Night, to try and make it look like deeper water. I added a little unnamed W7 Blue glitter (a mini) then sponged the 'surf' with OPI Alpine Snow. I like it but I don't love it - I wanted it to look a little bit more realistic.

Remember to check out everyone else's blue nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.