Sunday 24 March 2013

Sun-Tried-Day: W7 Gold and Silver Dazzle

Greetings All!

Another week nearly over. I have to go back to work tomorrow :( Today is, as usual, a Sunday where I swatch some untrieds!

Today I have some incredibly sparkly full coverage glitters to show you, form W7. I actually only got these recently. They cost me £1.49 each! Bargain.

Gold Dazzle is precisely that - a dazzly gold! I got both of these thinking they were probably toppers, but in fact they both gave full coverage in 2 coats.







They are so incredibly sparkly, you can't help but be drawn to your nails! Silver Dazzle is exactly the same, but silver.




Now, I kow these aren't incredibly exciting, or innovative, or even all that special or sophisticated, but I do really like both of them. They;re an extremely short cut to getting your nails noticed, they're super sparkly and they would be perfect for a party. When I was about 10 or 11 I had a silver glitter that looked like this in the bottle. I never managed to put enough coats on for full coverage, so I like how easy this was. The glitter is very dense, but it still applies easily. And all of this for under £1.50!


I also kind of wondered what these would look like with some more glitter added. I thought matte glitter might be fun, because it would be a bit like reverse glitter - glittery base and matte glitter!
So here we have Gold Dazzle with 2 coats of China Glaze Whirled Away.



I'm loving this look! Funny story about my Whirled Away bottle - it and OPI Barefoot in Barcelona both fell off a shelf. BiB was completely destroyed, and the top broke off Whirled Away. I managed to decant some into this empty bottle. RIP Barefoot in Barcelona - I never even got to swatch you :(

I also tried out Silver Dazzle, with one coat of Glitzology Crunch Berries.



I think this looks brilliant! A bit weird, and maybe a little tacky, but brilliant! I love that the base is the sparkly bit, and the glitter is matte. It's blowing my mind!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.